RSS

April is Joy for Japan

Before I’m even finished blogging about my last trip, here I am talking about my next trip. This next trip will only be one week. As much as I like the longer trip, I truly can barely afford one week! This time I’m going with my best friend since middle school. Unfortunately we are the old adage, opposites attract. While I am interested in culture and history of a place, she is more into the modern aspects and luxuries a travel destination has to offer. Also I’m into packing activities in as much as possible, from dawn to dusk, and she’s into relaxing, least stress as possible. You may ask how this works as far as going to Tokyo…
Well it helps that we are best friends J And that we have always been opposite types of people so it’s nothing new! Also compromise. We put into the hat what we would like to do! I want Takarazuka and Ghibli!  N wants Butler café and cat café!
The nice thing I do have to say I kind of enjoy is that N is taking charge of our activities list and has made an actual itinerary as far as days and possible eateries to visit. She also is getting a Japanese sim for her phone so we have navigation! Really high tech and nice. I just wandered about in an organic fashion, getting lost and walking far more than anyone should need too haha. So it’ll be different.  I’m mostly going with the flow of things she would like to do, I only had two concessions, 1) Takarazuka and 2) Ghibli Museum. She was into the Takarazuka, but less enthused about Ghibli, not being a fan and all.  Again this trip, my companion is not very physically active, so no mountain hiking. Not that I'm extremely physically active but I like to pack a lot into a vacation!
I'm excited and nervous! I mean N is still the same yet different, so I wonder about the differences and how they'll play out on our trip? Will we simply meld as we always have done despite our opposite natures? Also she doesn't like to get up early and we agreed we can have apart time sometimes, though majority of the time will be spent together naturally. So I'm wondering if I can wake up really early one of the days and hit Asukusa.. o.o Curious curious!
Only a few more weeks!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment