RSS

Japan Earthquake!

Unless you live under a rock, you probably have heard of the 8.9 earthquake that devastated northern Japan over in Sendai and surrounding areas. It was quite stunning and I was very worried about friends and family who currently live in Japan. The phone lines went down, the transportation was stopped... Very scary. At this point the death toll is still undetermined and rising, as well as a large number missing.

Please view my friend Kyra's blog about the Earthquake in Tokyo area Little Gajin Blog.

Many people at work asked me if I were still going to Japan as well. I said I would definitely go barring airports being down. I have another 2 and half weeks. The places where I have made my reservations said they are still intact and doing fine. I think it's more supportive to Japan's economy to go rather than everyone cancel going to Japan all at once. Also know you can support Japan through the Red Cross efforts!

My prayers go out to Japan in their hard times.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment