RSS

Harajuku Shuffle

Our next adventure was to Harajuku. Sadly it would be our last day at Toco, so we took hasty pictures of everything there! Oh how I would miss Toco! But on to wonderful Harajuku!

Our main goal there was to go see Fairyland store, which has a lot of Soom Ball Jointed Dolls. Of course I am always looking for lolita, gothic lolita, and Gyarus! J was purely uninterested in them and shook her head every time I try to go get pictures.
 This day we weaved a different path through the neighborhood in which we met a cat who was patiently waiting at this gate. We wondered why he didn't just go in? If he was simply more polite than the usual cat? He has such a consternated look. I think he may be a Scottish Fold.  Another cat themed item on this trip was the new being polite on the train posters.

We didn't spend a whole lot of time in Harajuku that day. We mostly went down Takeshi street, where J bought some socks for her mom. I didn't see my arm warmers for some reason along the way, which I looked for. It was massively packed, and we shuffled slowly down the street. They even had police directing foot traffic, keeping each direction on it's perspective side. You've seen this photo in an earlier entry. That was the day I went. I repost it just to show the amount of people down that street. If you wondered if Tokyo was normal a few weeks after the Massive earthquake... here's part of the proof. No one cowers in their homes, refusing to leave.. Oh no we go shopping haha :)


Finally I show you Soom. J and I chatted on whether we could take pictures. The shop was small and we didn't see any signs. Finally after much staring and debating, the shop lady anticipated our excitement! She said we could take picture and take our picture in the store!! It really was lovely. J bought an alfit and helped me afford a blond wig. It ended up not really fitting but it was lovely and cool to buy something actually at a soom store!!


We ate crepes and searched for a Lawsons to buy our Ghibli museum tickets! :) After that we called it a day! We did end up walking about a bit more, but it was mostly shopping about. ^^  Next entry will be a bit more exciting! UENO and HANAMI!! :) I didn't see any real lolita taking picture opportunities here ;p It gets better! :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment