RSS

Photo fail!



Animate looks like a milk carton!
So yesterday we went to Sunshine City! Our actual main purpose was to enjoy Swallowtail Cafe on Otome road. Just so you know at this time, the Swallowtail patisserie next to Mandrake is not the cafe you seek if you decide to do this. Also at the time, our butler could only speak Japanese, but he was very gracious and tried make it a light, nice situation. I couldn't catch all the subtle nuiances of how he was defusing the situation, but I was appreciative and also he was cute. They do have English speaking butlers, at the end of our appointment one was sent to our table for a few minutes and he was very clever & flattering. Over all it was a fun thing to do with a friend. I might be sweating it more if I were a single lady, unless you are a more confident gal. I did notice a lot of the single women were placed in these tables by the walls that had veils between each seating, so you might find it a bit more secretive being against the wall area. Unfortunately I won't go through all the subtle nuiances of the butler cafe or how to go to one. N took care of all the arrangements. You do have to make an appointment. She managed to make one online so it's not the impossible dream if you don't know Japanese and want to go. Also you may ask what is a butler cafe? If you have heard of maid cafes you are nearly there in terms of what a butler cafe is.
This butler cafe was a lovely place for primarily women to enjoy being totally pampered and having tea. They do have a dinner menu but you have to wait till a certain time when that is served. Otherwise there are some actually very filling tea sets for the afternoon. We both got the Victoria, which had 1 scone with 2 things to put on it, a quiche or sandwich, dessert, and tea. You got a whole mini pot of tea that had 3-4 cups, more than plenty. The butler poured mine completely out by the end and I wasn't even drinking fast. I guess years of practice made them realize the equation of what would work for one normal visit! The butlers are very cute there! And we also ran into another American from Ohio!
Self Piercers LOL!
I am linking you to a blog that even is linked to a video so you could see the cafe! No photos allowed so I can't show you my own personal experience, but check out the video definitely.
26 hours blog - Swallowtail Butler Cafe

Anyways I had great fun but sweating bullets from all the gorgeous food presentation and tea cups that were so utterly delicate. N got wild strawberry tea set with Earl Grey. I got the Roccoco tea set with Fairy Arrow tea. I couldn't tell you want kind of tea it was but it was an herbal blended. It was very mild and smooth ( not a spicey or tangy type of tea).

Haha some fragmented writing! I am slightly overwhelmed by everything.. Oh yah photo fail! I forgot my camera yesterday so the photos are terribly minimal! SO SAD.

So after Swallowtail we went to multiple fanshops on the road. I could not find the items T wanted. I'm guessing the series he likes is just too old or something. I am going to look for them again today in Akihabara. We were going to try for Ueno and Akihabara today, which admittedly is a bit ambitious but worth a try. I will do the bulk of my shopping today.

The animate store, on the upper floors, I want to say 6 and 7 have cute little toys, and sets from series. So take a look there. We also went into the Sunshine city, and looked around. I recommend Moe Garden in the B1 ( Basement). It is near the escalators near the Hello Kitty store. They have massive Ghibli stuff and a giant Ghibli inside a fake hollowed out tree.

Lots of Ghibli stuff!!
Finally we popped over to Tokyu hands ( has just tons and tons and tons of stuff!) and then hit a Karaokeken. We sang for 2 HOURS! :) I was so happy. I have been jonesing for a good dose of Karaoke. The interesting thing also is that the time we went and two options, where you paid less but didn't have to buy a drink and where you paid more , but were not required to get a drink.Even karaoke is so much more expensive than afternoon karaoke!

Then we got lost in the train station a bit and made our way wearly home. I do have to say there was a funny hotel attendant, who was dancing a bit when we got on the elevator. Must of a been a good night for him:)

One last eclectic add to this entry... We also went through the redlight district without noticing. It just seem to have a lot of people trying to get people to go into hostess clubs... ;p

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment