RSS

Some post trip catch up

Again I failed at keeping up with events and writing. Really this time it was a bit too hard to do. In the later part of our trip, we packed more into our days, so when we returned to our room, we basically flopped onto our beds and conked out. Well N conked out before I did because I took a shower every night no matter what since it was customary for me. So when I got out she would be lightly snoring and the lights would be out. By then I was pretty tired and didn't want to wake her up with typing. I was thinking of doing slightly less detailed accounts so that this time, my trip would be written up a little faster. I didn't get many pictures and mostly they were some city or flower pictures. I really regret that I lost any opportunities to do photos of my ball jointed doll, Cosette. I thought Ueno would of been a perfect place during the flowering. Unfortunately I will warn you that tourism has increased by 200% it felt like. More so that everywhere we went there were foreign people. Last trip, I hardly saw anyone. There was even one American at the Butler Cafe ( except she looked Asian so she blended rather well and I think she may have known Japanese to a greater extent).Otherwise, I really saw so many more people. I've gone to Japan the year before the big earthquake, so I can honestly say ( since I went around the same time in spring) that there were so many more people this year than the last two years COMBINED. Ueno was just massively packed. We sat for a few minutes on one of the Hanami mats to eat a snack, over behind Ueno zoo ( near the pond). Also make sure to get your Ghibli tickets early, they've been selling out fast, 3-4 weeks before hand. The amount of tourist and the addition of the Adult cat bus really cinched that there would be so many people!

Anyways! I'm going to load my pictures onto my computer, try not to feel like a zombie and make some posts! :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see photos! :) I can't believe how packed it is. I'm scared that I would not like to see Ueno so packed. :( I was there only 3-4 weeks after 3/11/11 so it was certainly gaijin-free aside my hubby and I. It's one thing that stood out as a huge positive for me: the lack of loud, obnoxious, screaming Americans. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my country and my people, but we really suck at enjoying the simpler things in life. And we REALLY suck at taking a quiet stroll in the park. :P

Mindy said...

You wouldn't see Ueno for all the people in it haha:)
I also went there 3 weeks after the big earthquake. I still saw foreigners, but I also saw less people in general in Tokyo. *shrug* I mean it wasn't a ghost town. Yet I do have to say that it was less packed before the earthquake too. It's like the Japanese were out just celebrating life or something :) THey were out in full force.
Well foreigners also equal european, canadians, other asians.. There was even a moment in the toy store where a thai lady who couldn't speak japanese, and barely any english was trying to convey in broken english to the japanese clerk, who also didn't know english well;p It was nuts XD

Anonymous said...

Mindy, I looked up and down and all over town (lol) for that search site that I used to find my onsen. This is the CLOSEST I've found, and it was not the same one. The one I used had many many many more filters, and a larger selection it seems.

http://www.secret-japan.com/onsen/

But this one, if you click on search, you can choose all the icons that are important to you, and the area you are in, and it will help. :)

Happy traveling!

Post a Comment