RSS

Taiyaki and Waffles! Good eats!

Hello!! I decided to try and liven things up with more Japan pictures.. I have a ton of these so I think I could do this for a while! I decided to go for some fancy treats! One being waffle store and the other being traditional fish snack.. If you are not a fish lover, I can manage your face crinkling up in disgust! But really I'm talking about Taiyaki. Taiyaki is a fish-shaped cake filled with red bean paste or other goodies... I definitely remember munching on a custard filled cake. I can't remember if I simply pointed or struggled with some katakana.. Or heard someone order custard and used the same words to order mine. Regardless I ordered one. It was hot and fresh and delicious. I was feeling kinda chilled and tired from walking a lot. I couldn't settle on anything to eat.. and a gentleman was passing out free samples..I scooched over to the window and stared creepily into it while a lady made Taiyaki and observed people ordering. Ever heard that saying? When in Rome, do what the Romans do? Same thing here. If you aren't extremely well with Japanese language, you might be able to grasp by seeing and then doing. Of course I have some photos so you don't have to read me blathering on about food haha:) Oh I blurred out the sample guy's face, because he was giving out samples, not trying to pose or anything ;p  This place made them on large griddles specially shaped as fish, no machines, even though it looks like it. It's like a turnable waffle maker :) The cakes are actually waffle like, but very thin crispy shell with heavy filling inside. I love the golden flaky crunch paired with custard. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment