RSS

Takarazuka 1st time! And Sensoju Temple relax after.

4/21/10

Before I sleep I must describe Takarazuka! It is amazing, stupendous, sparkling! I can’t wait to go again. Even if you can’t understand the words, the actions and acting make it all clear. The second half Carnevale was incredible with tons of singing and dancing. I loved it the most as I thought I would! The line to the women’s bathroom was waaaay too long, while mens was pretty much no line. I sat next to the girls I stood next to in line for tickets with. We cried, clapped ( there was audience participation), and laughed. The star’s costumes were extra sparkly. The sparklier, the bigger the star. And the music/singing was moving beyond words! I Was humming Solferino all day. After ticket buying, we saw the stars arriving, with the synchronized fan clubs that kneeled when stars were coming. You could easily get pictures and see the star yourself, as she collected her fan letters and received/gave words of encouragement and adoration. After the show, the crowd was much much bigger as the stars left for home. Oddly enough I think a group of ladies near the door may tell or signal the groups to kneel. Not sure. Also the head fan leaders, were stuffing giant presents into the star’s already full trunk. Not sure who the blue sparkly scarf star is, but I like her the best! She is so handsome <3 I waited through all the stars before and after. Then Shopped in both shops. I liked the selection in Chanter, plus more area to move around. The other one closes shortly after the show. Also when you pick your seat, they have a map you can point to if you are rusty in your Japanese numbers. Seats were crushing on the knees, mostly because your legs are bent slightly back as there is not a whole lot of space for your feet. There is room under your chair for your bag.
If you decided to watch with the fan clubs, the stars arrive and leave, give yourself several hours, as it takes a while for them to come out afterward and arrive. The only ones that really arrive together are the lower cast members. The main stars tend to arrive and leave separately. Also only the main stars’ cars are parked in front of the entrance area. The other lower cast members park around the corner of the building. I always thought they walked, haha. Till one day I was on the other side in the morning and found they actually came in cars and walked around the corner. Also you can often tell a lot of cast members not only from the kneeling of fan clubs, but also they wear big round hats for the girls and ‘guys’ wore cheese cutter hats. It’s good to be taller than the average Japanese female because it was much easier getting video and pictures. Anyways it was wonderful I enjoyed it so much!! I could see myself getting obsessed and buying tickets all the time to go.

Also wanted to add on the spot notes of what went on here's what I wrote: At nine am, the line is all the way down the foyer. Not bad though, considering I thought it'd be around the corner and all. The side walks are much busier as well and people stare at us while we stare at them. Women tend to wear no sneakers and like boots, heels, and nice flats. Also I didn't see a lot of jeans in the morning. I also saw many foreign business men, but now I know it's because a famous hotel is right near the theater! I also decided to splurge on b seki, since I had gotten so early that I was 4th person in line! I had gotten there at 6:30 or 7am. After pointing out my ticket, I watched the stars come in with the fan clubs and went into Chanter across the street to have something to munch since I had no breakfast. I ate at Vie De France bakery in Chanter's basement. I got a Peachbread with cream and peaches inside, plus a jelly like gree tea bun thing and then a bun with hotdogs and fries in it. Think there may have been some brocoli too. I wish we had more cool bakeries like that in the USA where I live. We have normal bakery departments but nothing with fries, green tea, peach buns, etc. This is a similar thing in Korea as well. Great snack/meal when you are really on the go. I also had a green tea latte, that had real powdered Matcha.

Just another add on is that the theater itself is amazing! It's very steep. I wondered if anyone ever rolled right down the steps. The second floor where I was and tachimi is, is actually occupying like 3-4 floor in physical reality. It's just huge! Also some of the costume changes happen on the stage right during the show. They really do some amazing stuff. Plus the stage has openings and moves and has props that move.. and of course there are amazing lit stairs that magically appear. I always miss their appearance!!

On a side note, on the way back to the hostel I hit up Asukasa, Sensoji temple. It was late at night so all the whole arcade that lead from one gate to another were closed up for the night. They painted pictures on the white metal gates of the stores all along the arcade. I took some gorgeous night pictures though with no peeps really even around. And I did my fortune. I got a weak good fortune that said I would get good things but they would always be late. I tied it to little rack the right of the fortune cart. I didn’t do another because I didn’t want to be a cheater, plus I figure the next one would be like the worst fortune or something LOL. It was really cool though anyways. Also I don’t know the story but the the left of the gates when going out, there’s a huge straw sandal?? It was a cute, nice little side trip even though there were no shops. I enjoyed the evening peace and it was so quiet. Unfortunately I was not fast enough to take a picture of a dog that looked like Hachiko who was jogging along side his owner's bike. I stared and made the guy give me a look. I loved the dog though. So cute! I also took pictures of the pagoda. It was either 5 or 7 roofs or what have you. And I sat on some sitting stones near the temple. Definitely something to go see, even if you are too late for the whole hoopla of the day. Glad I went at night, not to be missed.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment